Game Modes
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Game Modes  
Can someone explain to me what each game mode really stands for? And how to activate your map for that mode. Im abit lost. :d

Thanks!
FPS Learner

I think it's good to have a topic for that where every mode is listed, since I don't know all yet, but I can explain 3:

I'm no FPS player, so you won't see any special shooter words in my descriptions

Melee
Map with many spawns, nothing more needed. Shouldn't be too huge, depends on how many players should play on it. Melee is, to make it simple, all vs. all. So everyone has to shoot everyone else and try not to get shoot. There is a time limit of 10 minutes per map, but usually the game ends before the limit is reached, because one player reached a special number of hits.

Royal
For the map is one pole needed, and many spawns. The map can be as huge as you want. The players get spawned and (should) move to the pole's direction. If someone reached it, he has to wait on the platform around it a bit, to activate the offzone. The offzone appears as a huge circle around the map, that gets quickly smaller and smaller, everyone who touches it gets eliminated. So it pushes all the players in the pole's direction. The one who survived last is the winner of the round. You get points for surviving, for hits, and for activating the pole. The map switches when one player reached a special number of points, mostly 200, depends on the server.

TimeAttack
This is excactly like TrackMania's time attack, if you have played it. For a TimeAttack map is one spawn and one finish goal needed, and probably also some checkpoint platforms in between. In a TimeAttack game it's simply your task to get as fast as possible from the spawn to the pole. For hunting a good time, you have a time limit. When the time is gone, the one with the best time wins.

correct me if I'm wrong

Hope I could help you ;)
Last edited by Nim,
FPS Learner

It start to help me, but can u say to us, how we can build a melee map, with the rail gun as weapon, in a deathmatch (no finish necessary) like the instagib UT mod ?
Thank you for your help.
FPS Learner

BlamM says:
It start to help me, but can u say to us, how we can build a melee map, with the rail gun as weapon, in a deathmatch (no finish necessary) like the instagib UT mod ?
Thank you for your help.

There is an instagib mode, but that's only forced by server, not by map. So make a melee map then put it in an instagib server.
Last edited by Lexino,
FPS Learner
Potuguese translation  
Game Modes
Portuguese translation

Melee
Mapa com muitos spawns , nada mais é necessário. Não deve ser muito grande, dependendo de quantos jogadores devem jogar nele. Melee é torná-lo simples, todos contra todos. Então todos teem que disparar contra e tente não ser atingido. Há um limite de tempo de 10 minutos por mapa, mas geralmente o jogo acaba antes que o limite é atingido, porque um jogador chegou a um número especial de hits.

Royal
Para o mapa é necessário apenas um pole, e muitos Spawns. O mapa pode ser tão grande quanto quiseres. Os jogadores na partida devem de ir na direção do pole. Se alguém chegar, ele tem que esperar na plataforma em torno dele um pouco, para ativar o offzone. O offzone aparece como um grande círculo ao redor do mapa, que fica rapidamente menor e menor, todos que lhe tocarem são eliminados. Por isso, empurra todos os jogadores em direção do pole. O único que sobreviveu é o vencedor. Você ganha pontos para sobreviver, para hits, e para ativar o pole. O mapa muda quando um jogador atingue um número especial de pontos, na maior parte 200, depende do servidor.

TimeAttack
Isto é exactamente como o TimeAttack no TrackMania, se você jogou. Para um mapa TimeAttack é um spawn e um finish goal necessário, e provavelmente também algumas checkpoint platforms de verificação entre os dois. Num jogo TimeAttack é simplesmente a sua tarefa de obter o mais rápido possível a partir da spawn para o pole. Para caçar um bom tempo, você tem um limite de tempo. Quando o tempo acabar, aquele com o melhor tempo ganha.

BattleArena
Battle deve ser de 1 Spawn para cada Team e, em seguida, um número igual de Goals para cada team.
Assim, um spawn deve ser atribuído a Team 1, em seguida, um segundo spawn é atribuído a Team 2. Goals são então atribuídos ás Teams 1 e 2 em números iguais.
São duas teams Red contra blue para venceres tens de carregar os poles todos.

thx Nimrod
(y)
Last edited by dread,
FPS Learner

no problem ;)

can someone translate Battle to English? :p
FPS Learner

Best way to understand the modes is to play them! learn what does work or doesn't work, etc. by playing. Play a lot if necessary.
FPS Learner

Battle courtesy of Google Translate... an english speaker who has actually played Battle need to refine this

BattleArena
Must be a battle Spawn for each team, and then an equal number of Goals for each team.
Thus, one must be assigned to spawn Team 1, then a second spawn is assigned to Team 2. Goals are then assigned ace Teams 1 and 2 in equal numbers.
There are two teams against Red blue in order to win you have to load all the poles.
FPS Learner

wombat says:
Battle courtesy of Google Translate... an english speaker who has actually played Battle need to refine this

BattleArena
Must be a battle Spawn for each team, and then an equal number of Goals for each team.
Thus, one must be assigned to spawn Team 1, then a second spawn is assigned to Team 2. Goals are then assigned ace Teams 1 and 2 in equal numbers.
There are two teams against Red blue in order to win you have to load all the poles.

BattleArena
There must be a spawn and equal number of goals for each team. So a spawn must be assigned to Team 1 and the other spawn assigned to Team 2. Then goals must be assigned to Team 2 and 2 in equal numbers. There are 2 teams, Red and Blue, for a team to win, they must capture all of poles that are assigned to the team. The other team may defend those poles against the other team.

BattleWaves is same as Battle, but with 15 seconds of duration of attacking or defending. So if you are attacking, you must capture a pole in that 15 seconds. If the 15 seconds runs out, you switch to defending and the other team is attacking, you must stop them if you want the time to run out so you can attack again.
FPS Learner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply