Location: Home  Community Forums  Monthly Mapping Contest  MMC July 2013 - Royal 
MMC July 2013 - Royal
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
MMC July 2013 - Royal  
Welcome to the fourth Shootmania Monthly Mapping Contest (MMC), 2nd of July 2013, hosted by ManiaExchange.

In the MMC, your task is to build a shootmania map on a given theme (see below). All of the submissions will be added to our Official MMC Server, which will be open to the public and is where our judges will play and judge the maps to find a winner.

The Details

Let's have a look at the details of the contest:

Theme of the month: Royal with pre-made bases.
Your task is to pick one of the four pre-made royal bases, and continue to make a map with any one of them. Bases listed below:

>>DOWNLOAD BASES HERE<<
zip file contains all 4 bases. Place the 4 files in: documents\maniaplanet\maps\downloaded

Deadline: Sunday, August 18th, 2013, 23:59:59 GMT

Prize:

:gold: First place: 10.000 planets
:silver: Second place: 7500 planets
:bronze: Thrid place: 5000 planets

:award: Top 3 maps will be featured in the news section on the frontpage, getting a lot more spotlight.
(the winners should expect to see their maps getting played on servers a lot more. :cool: )

The rules:

:done: Choose one of the four pre-made bases, which you will continue to make a full map with.

:done: You may NOT remove any block that is already placed on the pre-made bases.

:done: You may NOT remove any terraforming that is already placed on the map, however you may extend it.

:done: You may modify the positions of the existing spawns to make sure you won't spawn in the offzone, but not too drastically.

:done: You have to build a Royal map. Royal is a gamemode where everyone is playing against each other trying to capture the pole in the middle. After the pole is captured, an offzone tornado closes in on the remaining players. The remaining players try to eliminate each other until there's only one player left.

:done: You have to build 16 extra spawns, meaning you will end up with 20 spawns in total. (4 spawns are already placed on the pre-made bases.)

:done: Max. 1 map per author. Single author per map.

:done: Blockmixing/Unlimiter is NOT allowed.

:done: Include the sequence of letters "MMC" somewhere in the track name so that it can be easily discovered on mania-exchange.com.

:done: The map must have been uploaded to the exchange before July 28th 2013 00:00 GMT (June 28th 23:59:59 is OK).

:done: You may update your map as many times as you like, but you will have to post in the submissions thread what you updated about it. :)
(Please make a whole new post in the submissions thread for each updated version of the map)

A number of judges will rate the maps on the following topics:
note: Some of these topics have been slightly changed.

:award: Design – Layout, did the author really think about where to place certain blocks? scenery, the general "feel" of the map. The maps should be playable for beginners too. Max 15 points/judge

:award: Creativity – The creativity of the map itself, stuff that you don't usually see, creative ideas, those kind of things. Max. 10 points/judge

:award: Fun Factor – Depending on how fun the judges find your map, a few extra points can be given. Max 10 points/judge

:award: Theme – How well does your map follow the theme? Did the author place just a few extra blocks on the base or did he/she really turn the map into his/her own? Max 15 points/judge

Important: To enter a map, simply upload it and post a link to your submission in this thread.

We still need volunteers for MMC's. To volunteer as a judge, please send a PM to Basbaas!
(Note: We can't simply accept anyone, you have to be familiar enough with the game, the editor and the gameplay. We need trustworthy, reliable and committed judges.)

o Judges should be able to join our server and play the maps together at a time they agree.
o The set time for this should be announced so that map builders and the community can also join the party!
o The server will still be open for anyone (including judges) to join and play at other times.

Good luck! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! :d

Last edited by basbaas,
Trainee Sniper

Royal! (l) Super. Map must have 20 spwns?
And... Can we (no modify, no remove) add to old segments SOMETHING from us? The same in ground?
And can we modify mood (time of Day) in map?
Last edited by ketrab,
FPS Learner

ketrab says:
Royal! (l) Super. Map must have 20 spwns?
And... Can we (no modify, no remove) add to old segments SOMETHING from us? The same in ground?
And can we modify mood (time of Day) in map?

Yes, that is allowed. Changing the mood is also allowed. ;)
Trainee Sniper

Click Here to join the MMC Royal server directly from your browser!
Or put this into the in-game browser: maniaplanet://#join=mra-mmc-02@SMStorm

Maps will get added as they become available
Pole Dancer

How about ADDING terraformations, without alterating the original one?
Imperial Stormtrooper

I guess you can, just be sure not to remove existing one.
Toy Gun Shooter

:build: Quick question, are we able to move the spawns three or four spaces from the exterior line towards the inward pole, to avoid the off-zone repawns. (y) Oh.. and if the terrain is flat, we can add hills to raise, or add more water or no, just no removal, and leave the original transforming intact, correct?
Last edited by kadaz,
Sir Knight

No, you cannot move the existing spawns.

Yes, you may add more terraforming, and you may extend the existing terraforming.
Trainee Sniper

basbaas says:
No, you cannot move the existing spawns.

Serious? I don't want to over emphasize this, yet I highly recommend it, it is an known bug in royal servers that if your spawned 3 or up to 5 blocks depending on flag placement, yet not centered 3 in-spaces, to be safe, you will spawn in the off-zone, if someone else conquers the flag around at the same time you get eliminated.

That makes sense allow it, agree?
Last edited by kadaz,
Sir Knight

Oh.. I see now, I guess I missed that part. You may modify the positions of the spawns, but not too drastically.
(i've edited the rules.)
Trainee Sniper
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply