Location: Home  Community Forums  Monthly Mapping Contest  MMC April 2013 - Melee - Results on page 3 
MMC April 2013 - Melee - Results on page 3
Page: 4 of 5
Post Reply  0 Observer

kadaz says:
and.. thank you eyebo, your the only one that posted comments, that is appreciated.

It was my pleasure. :) I saw you commented on a lot of maps too.

kadaz says:
But for the winning map to follow the Contest Rules, it fell out of bounds, although it was a good map designed, it needed elbow room to make it effectively efficient.

I think in the future we need a category for "theme". That was really missing in this first edition. That would have ensured that the judges put adequate emphasis on how the theme was implemented in the maps. The MMC is still young. I think such things will get worked out. Rest assured, we're aware that tweaks need to be made.

The winning map was really fun though, and the grappling hooks were quite useful for quickly moving around the map. So I think it was a deserved win.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

So I agree to point, shootmania is a game for me, and fun to enjoy, so you got my vote, have fun and we will see tomorrow.

Last edited by kadaz,
Sir Knight

Perhaps just setting a good standard, would help people to enjoy releasing quality maps than just another maps with lack of taste. I look forward to it. I see that the new SMX Contest for Elite, is well off a good start, Iam quite impressed.
Last edited by kadaz,
Sir Knight

Congratz Superal, Mra, Snake55wildcat and everyone else! (y)
Trainee Sniper

Huh i really didn't expect this win! :o
Gratz to all the participants, gg to mra (so close win, 0.5 point :) ) and to snake55wildcat.
Thanks to the judges for your time testing the maps!

For my first MMC/MTC i'm really glad I won! ;)
Last edited by Superal,
FPS Learner

i love that eyebo said sth like "it looks like you didnt spend enought time on this map"

i spended ALOT time in this ...

but the real problem is that i didnt get feedback ... always when i joined the server the script wasnt working ... noone other gave feedback ... so pls blame the server.

you can say that the map is bad but PLS dont attack me with this bullshit
Last edited by Zenit,
FPS Learner

The reason I said that is because the map has very few block types represented and the layout could have been a lot better. It honestly looked like you built it in less than an hour. Yeah, more feedback is always good. That's why I wrote comments while I was also writing the scores for each category.

My goal wasn't to attack with the comments, but to simply give my observations about the map, how it was built, and how well it played online. They are only that though, just my opinions. And this is why it's always been important in such contests to have multiple judges... to get a wide variety of opinions... and to come to as fair a judging as possible.
Site Leader

I think it is great that you wrote feedback. I appreciate it!
But to be honest, I was waiting for feedback before the end of the contest too, but not by the judges, by casual players.
I've never built melee before and well maybe i played it once :p So I had no idea what I was doing :$
I love how two of you gave me last place in creativity but basbas gave me third place in his rankings there haha :cool:
5th place is very good for not having a clue what to do :p so thank you :)
And congrats to top 3! :bronze: :silver: :gold:

To get more feedback:
Name dates to meet up for feedback/judging! You said judges need players to play with, I'm sure when you announce "hey guys, tonight 18.00 we want to test some maps" people would meet up.
FPS Learner

but the script wasnt working ... gg
FPS Learner

basbaas says:
Congratz Superal ... Snake55wildcat and everyone else! (y)

+1

And also thanks to the organisers/judges
Pole Dancer
Page: 4 of 5 Post Reply