Location: Home  Community Forums  General  PTP - betas always lose the girl 
PTP - betas always lose the girl
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

it's an awkward mechanic
all I'd like is an option to bind it to a separate key
the only problem would be that any serious fpser would turn it on, rendering the old option obsolete
(kind of like "walkers" in SoF)

Is it really such a horrible sin that I want to sprint without jumping?

This game has a lot going for it, this fix would make it that much better.
FPS Learner

To answer your question, and to repeat what Hylis has once said : it would add a key to the key bindings of the game.
And he definitely doesn't want that, in order to keep the game as accessible/simple as possible.

Works well once you get used to it. Just a matter of a habbit, I suppose.
FPS Learner

People who desperately want to like a game will ignore its faults.

I'm too immature to argue this respectfully. You're all idiots.

How about instead of adding necessary buttons, we remove as many we can.
We'll put jump, sprint, move forward, and shoot all on the same button.
Just click to jump, double click to shoot, hold to sprint, unplug your mouse to move forward.
It'll be easy once you get used to shit!
Just think of how stupid simple it will be!

It's been scientifically proven that a game with 5 buttons is 17% better than a game with 6.

FPS Learner

stop whining, "idiot", and read this sh*t.
Toy Gun Shooter

I may be a Nadeo fanboy but I also had my doubts about this jump-to-speed. But like most people I got the hang of it and it feels natural now. You have to see it's not a sprint funtion, it's a fall speed function. And as a fall speed function it works pretty damn good, especially on maps with height differences. But also small heights can be used well. Map makers can tune their maps for this. And because you can't jump while you're in the air it doesn't need a seperate button. And yes it can be used to sprint on flat surfaces but its not the main purpose.

This looks like a falling man to me, not a sprinting one. ;)
Last edited by GR.,
FPS Learner

The jump/glide mechanic feels so rewarding when you manage to get a good glide, if you can go off a jump pad and glide just above a downward sloped block you can get some real speed and really makes you feel rewarded for using the glide, and you can continue to sprint the momentum from it when you land since its on the same button, its very simple to learn but very tough and rewarding to master. :d

Anyone who says it makes it 'crap' needs to get used to how different games feel, just because it isnt like -x favourite game here- dosent mean it is crap, its about it standing out from other games and this mechanic makes helps it do so, all the while still remaning to be an awesome addition and providing an extra layer to a stretegic gameplay perspective. (l)
Imperial Stormtrooper

Saying "I've gotten used to it" and "You shouldn't have it because I don't want it" doesn't contradict any argument made so far.
I guess I'm the idiot for seeing straight through this shallow logic.

Adding this option would not change the current functionality. (Unless you wanted it to.)
That's why it's called an option. Which means it's optional. Which means you don't have to take it.

If I used any other words too big for you, let me know, so I can explain them for you.
FPS Learner

Making it an option is probably out of the question due to balance, I'm afraid. Being able to sprint and jump individually offers an advantage of flexibility compared to having the current setup, without giving the separate-key players any disadvantage against single-key players. Thus, everyone (players who deliberately want to fight against the odds not included) would have to swap to separate-key mode to have equal odds.

So I'd say it's either the one or the other. Which one comes down to personal preference.
FPS Learner

i would try to post a long post, but fallout has summed up my thoughts on storm 100%...
FPS Learner

Saying "I haven't gotten used to it" and "You should have it because I want it" doesn't contradict any argument made so far. If there are so many things you dont like about this game maybe it's just not for you. Please dont get angry with people who like it. ;)
FPS Learner
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply