Location: Home  Community Forums  General  [SMS-C1] The four Squares Challenge ! 
[SMS-C1] The four Squares Challenge !
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
[SMS-C1] The four Squares Challenge !  
SMS-C > ShootMania Storm - Challenge

Hey all ! (y)
Recently, I found a good challenge for you in the editor map. If this idea is a good one and if a lot of players will try it, maybe I will add other challenges each weeks.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Description : :build:
In only four cases, you must reach the maximum height.

Rules : :build:
- You can use only these blocks : 1-7-X | 1-8-X | 2-X-X (without the 2-5-X blocks) | 6-X-X
- Die by off-zone
- Put your blocs in the area (download the map to understand ;) )

How to play step by step : :build:
0) Share this thread to your friends.
1) Download the map here > http://sm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/4861
2) Make your route to reach the ceiling respecting the rules.
3) Start at the spawn and save your replay like this "nickname SMS-C1" (don't edit it !).
4) Send me your replay by MP. (I will only accept replays from people who have respected rules 2 and 3).
5) Wait the end of the challenge.
6) Press F5 to refresh my message in order to see your name as winner. (03 may 2013 at 18H : GMT+2)
___

It's a challenge, so your are in competition with others. :@
This is my notation list to make the difference between players.
- The time to reach the ceiling. (1sec = 1pt)
- The number of differents blocks you have used. (1 block = 2pts)
- The number of jumps you have did. (1 jump = 0,5pt)

The winner is the player who have the minimum score. ;)
He will be display here >
And his replay will be added on youtube here >

:done: I will accept replays until the 02 april 2013 23H59 : GMT+2.
:done: You can send me several replays.
:done: If you have a request, write it

A link to the maniaplanet forum : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=433&t=19029
Last edited by Yoyoshi,
FPS Learner

Iam trying to understand this, will you help me out here..

- Time to reach the ceiling.. so the longer you take the more points, or the timelimit is deducted from an average?
. The number of different blocks you have used.. good!
- The number of jumps you did.. Again tied in with the factor of time, challenge for obstacle or time-limit?
- Bonus of -20 pts.. this should be irrelevant, seeing that anyone that copies you, where? how would they know?

Also is the area just the 2 by 2 or the 3 by 3 and above the spawn..

What I suggest is the same idea, yet it be a challenge of style, and mark the points like MTC creativity, flow, etc.

The quickest way to the top might not be the most fun, or pleasing... So a better breakdown of points, and overall is a good theme, yet needs to be clear on what's the reason for the challenge. A good one, just needs to more through.
Sir Knight

Thanks for the feeback kadaz ;)

If I have made these notations is for differentiate players.
Time to reach the ceiling in seconds : Just the time between your start and your death. If you finish the challenge in 1m30, you'll receive 90pts (90sec).
The number of jumps you did : This rating is for push the players to do their best.

If you have seen, I give more differences by points to differents blocks used than the number of jumps. I don't want to reward just the best players but I prefer the best thinker.
And I don't want three players with the same score, that's why I made this. :)

But, the last point, where you're right, "Bonus of -20 pts if you find the same solution as me" Okay, I'm thinking about it, and it's just random. I'll erase it. :build:

For help you, use wall jump a lot, and mix blocks as much as possible.
:done: Thanks again, don't forget to share (y)
Last edited by Yoyoshi,
FPS Learner

:d ok, thank you, look Iam in, if I have any questions, i'll ask. (y)
Sir Knight

oh.. first block in.. die by offzone, what a way to start =p

Can you just put a finish there, on the opposite corner so you can drop down at the end, what 3 second drop, so it can be an official time.. than just a calculation.

Can I use an outside exterior? and use the inside wall facing the 2x2 to jump off?

EDIT: I mean like even put some hills there or something, just to add some scenery..
Last edited by kadaz,
Sir Knight

C'mon guys, lets take on this easy challenge, mind you though, it is an build/speed challenge, so having a start and finish is required to properly verify the challenge. That requires a checkpoint at the top and a finish, in my opinion, probably at the bottom, like I did, yet that is up to the theme poster.

I have completed one, yet unfortunately, I can not play it.. see, Iam buyin the game here soon, and.. uhm, if the the same map being use for competing for the cup, it would be good, well since it is not, use mine, and best time wins. Now once I get the game, I'll play this mod and also compete.. I will beat, or we both win.

So here is the map, script 'timeattackarena' verified, so the challenger's time can the time can checked, and use this map to bounce up the theme and make it a correct finish.. may the best time win, verified and checked!

Download here, and send your replays to Yoyoshi. Regards, the theme couldn't be validated, and even though it was a builder's contest, it was simply an incorrect way to balance the points and since it was a personal challenge against a time that no one knew, and also against a map no one saw. In my choice to try to compete for it was not going to happen, so I thought best to start with something a bit slower, and have a same track to compete for, may you be glad.

http://sm.mania-exchange.com/s/tr/5107

Now if you want to beat this, build.. find a faster way.. just use no metal bins, boosters, or bounce pods.
and also do it 2x1 square or less, with an exception of the static start, checkpoint, and finish placement. :d

:build: :done: Kadaz

Honestly if you can find a way faster with a 4x4 area, give it your best, looking forward to a challenge.

Last edited by kadaz,
Sir Knight

Oh man, I have totally forgot the time attack script.

I will surely edit the rules and the map for. (beacause, nobody was came here ^^)

Thanks a lot

Edit > There is a password on your map (><) I can't play it !
Last edited by Yoyoshi,
FPS Learner

Oh, in order to play, it is required to launch a local server and select the map of choice.

Enjoy, :d
Sir Knight

Good day, I agree to this start, I think it is an brave move to ignition the first SMX contest.

Yet please update the rules so others may join the contest and we can all attempt at a time trail finish.

Looking forward to it :cool:
Sir Knight
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply