New idea?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
New idea?  
I wonder to make the maps more appealing if it had.

Online World Record ... powered by Dedimania

Stats, ie highest points fragged/amount of time, etc?

Like mentioned for time trails to upload replays, or
for similar family, obstacle tracks.
Sir Knight

would require deep integration with server controllers.
Toy Gun Shooter

Dedimania is already stretched thin resource-wise with all the TM games they provide stats for. It's all supported by donations, and usually the guys that run it don't get enough donations... so they support it out of their own pocket.

I doubt they'd want to take on another game like ShootMania. Of course you could always ask them, but the correct place to do that would be on the Dedimania forums.

However, I wouldn't start asking for SM support unless you also support Dedimania with your own hard earned cash. That's my two cents.

Nothing is stopping someone new from starting a stats site for SM. Look at ManiaRecs. A few guys threw that site together rather quickly during the Canyon beta. They ran it for a few months until they decided it was redundant to have Dedimania and ManiaRecs at the same time. Kadaz, why don't you start a site? You once asked me for permission to redesign TMX. That suggests some degree of skill in website design. Now's your chance to prove your chops and make a records site for SM. As Space said, it will require integration with server controllers too, so you'll probably need to provide some sort of API or something.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

:( then if something is not done, Shootmania MX would just slowly funnel downhill and the game right with it.

And not at all for that. Yet it will mainly because its needed for people wanting to have some sort of competitive mood.

Sharing maps with a few lines of chat now and then wont suffice.. Great idea on the site, and I thought about it, yet many years since I even touched code, 10+ years ago, so well behind. And considering that it is already done via through TM Maniaplanet, isnt it just simply switching the backcode for TM and routing it over to SM. An experienced API guy could scour the code and speedily make changes, I would highly recommend it.

I made mention of this, especially because with the popularity of Obstacle, servers have seemed to move in this area more quickly and keep up with the flow of things, this direction needs some implications, seriously and soon. Uploading replays seem like a rather easy integration, yes? Save replay in game and upload with time? Or does Shootmania doesn't record "time" like TM.. IDK..

Of course like also said in first post, yet Royal would hit the highs if it was a plugin to upload stats like Dedimania.. via highest online points per map.. same site, same download, same stats. Yet you made mention about.. pocket money, what? 5gigs, IDK, bit transfers in a month, have an ISP run that for a 20/month, i'll buy it and it will be ported it through TMX.

:o msg me when you reply, took me over a month to notice this.. clickbox.. monitor replies.. :cool:
Last edited by kadaz,
Sir Knight
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply