Knock out SM
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Knock out SM  
Hi all

Remember knockout ??? :p
what about a knock out in shootmania.
and the final 7 maps need to be tiny to limit the time period.
Death match in sm or 2 kills (maybe a script that allow 5 hits instead of 2.) so its more skill than luck))

1 - 2 hours play (about 10-20 rounds) is alot of playing on the best and funniest maps, and you have alot of chances to win
(*) = suggestions
2 hits = a bit luck imo (no laser)
5 hits = skill (no life filling area allowed)

OR this idea (y)
knockout playpal (l)

what you think..
FPS Learner

I'd just suggest melee (free-for-all) map till ~15 points. player(s) with lowest frag count or no frags get KOed.
Toy Gun Shooter

cool (y)
but with 2 or 3 minutes then, imo

edit: only one map that is perfect and no laser or life filler
or a simple death match and the 2 best play 1 joust map ^^

Last edited by SPIDER,
FPS Learner

How about a Royal Mode and the first player eliminated doesn't continue to the next round, until there is only one player left.
FPS Learner

then most of people will camp at spawns... ^^
Toy Gun Shooter

Space says:
then most of people will camp at spawns... ^^

I guess that some people will just be lame no matter what.
FPS Learner

If there is a SM KO, It would be a custom script game mode.
The best idea i have so far would be like a time survival on 5 minute maps, played in a similar way to melee. But no respawn. Your KO if eliminated, each player has there own clock, if it expires your KO (that will stop campers), You gain extra time on your clock by hitting someone.
But we will wait and see what happens
FPS Learner
SMX KO  
You don't necessarily need individual timers (clock per player) to stop camping at spawns if you require progress from a spawn to a goal...

What about this scenario:
Map: Defined with 16 spawns & 16 goals (this will allow even a large number of participants due to spawn waves)
At Spawn: Randomly assign each player to a matched pair of a spawn & a goal (map design will have to balance difficulty)
In Play:
* Players have a tag displayed for their assigned goal and can see the countdown timer
* Players need to reach their assigned goal within the countdown time or they are eliminated
* All players get health/armor of 3 (all standard weapons available)
* Players killed have to respawn at assigned spawn and reach assigned goal in the remaining time
* If no one fails to reach goal, then the last player to reach their goal is eliminated
* Hit points are awarded for all shots that hit other players
* Hit points used as tie-breaker to determine who is eliminated
* If tie exists in time and points then both eliminated

As a maniascript noob the in-game coding is a bit beyond me but I've successfully created a KOArena script for map validation (and a reasonable map to check that it works) - if anyone cares...

Cheers, W
Last edited by wombat,
FPS Learner

I'd be willing to make a map for you, although I'm not sure about how far away I should place the poles from their assigned spawn. (also selecting the numbers for the poles is something I'm having trouble with, but we'll see, a KO on shootmania does sound like an awesome idea.
Last edited by basbaas,
Trainee Sniper

The big problem with a KO in shootmania is the fact that players can collaborate with each other. So I dont think there will be any KO for shootmania unless there is a game mode that can give single player results with any ability for a players to skew the result.
Plus lag is a problem based on your location, is another factor against having a SM KO.
Last edited by Mikey,
FPS Learner
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply